Skip to main content

TEMPLE OF THE BLACK FIST, TURNING A NEW LEAF, and more...

 Been a while since I updated my upcoming published stories, so here goes;

TEMPLED OF THE BLACK FIST

Asian themed fantasy story for 'VALOR' anthology from Dragon Soul Press, involving a character from and set shortly before my story ONE WHISKER. 

Due: late July 2022

TURNING A NEW LEAF

A demonologist's misadventure (fantasy) for 'ROGUES AND REDEEMERS' anthology from Ardent Dawn/Zasra Press

Due: February/March 2023

UNDER THE OASIS

A steampunk adventure for 'AGE OF ARTIFICE' anthology from Dragon Soul Press

Due: late August 2022

THE WORST THING IN THE DARK

A contemporary horror story for 'HAUNT' anthology from Dragon Soul Press 

Due: late September 2022

CLAWS OF ASCENSION and THE ILLUSIONISTS DAYMARE

Two flash fiction pieces for 'HAWTHORNE & ASH Vol 4' from Iron Faerie Publishing due out at the end of the year but corresponding to May and June themes. 

An assortment of Drabbles and Semi-Flash pieces for DEMIGODS anthology

4 x 250 word pieces and 5 x 100 word pieces giving glimpses into several of the demigods of my fantasy world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 - Year in Review

  A challenging year, but I'm proud of the work I managed to create. On the publishing front I saw my work appear in fifteen published anthologies. That's one more than last year, which is actually more impressive than it sounds because for the last seven months of this year I also took a day job (because, as fun as it's been to write full time, it's not generating a liveable income just yet – I need to get some full books out there). Casual day work (mostly at night), but that's still anywhere between twelve and fifty hours a week not in front of a computer. Instead standing on my feet, destroying my arches, and making it hard to sit at a computer to write, needing days to recover from the pain. So, with limited time, I still got done what I did, and I'm proud of that. I'm still pumping out short stories because it helps flesh out my worlds. With each new short, I discover something new about that world. It's a journey of discovery. With each new stor

2021 - Year in Review

  Well, it's been a crazy year. Frankly, it's been a crazy life. I put off my pursuit of writing so many times, but as the whole country around me was on fire and my job disappeared at the end of 2019, it seemed a good time to focus on it an see what would happen if I took a risk, rolled the dice, and jumped out of the plane without a parachute. It wasn't until it was the only thing that I was doing that things started to happen. In 2020 I got a short story published in a magazine, then two novelettes in two anthologies. It was exciting to see my words on the page in actual books. That got the ball rolling. As I look back now, on 2021 and the works I've managed to get out there, the ball of flaming fear, molten uncertainty, and corrosive anxiety has not gone away, but it's certainly shrunk. I feel a great deal of satisfaction seeing just how much happened for me this year. 14 anthologies housing 14 of my stories (a novella, several novelettes, and a couple of shor

Update: Thieves Tithe

So, I've published another story on Storypony called Thieves Tithe. It was the second short story I wrote after Blacktooth, around mid-March last year. I'm quite fond of it, as it reveals a little more of my world and how things work there, sometimes. I'd appreciate any up-votes there, if you're feeling charitable, or enjoyed it. >>>CLICK HERE TO READ<<< It's been a while since I've posted anything because I'm working on a few longer stories, redrafting novella, a short novel, and regular novel, and have my fingers crossed for a novelette in the short list for a magazine. (wish me luck) (no, don't just raise your brow, say "good luck" damn it) (yes, on the bus, I don't care) While I typically publish here, the non-published entries from the AWC's Furious Fiction competition, directly after the winners are announced, I have not posted the last two 'Destination: Presentation' and 'Upon Reflection